9/05/2013

Jill Mansell

I had bought my first nook off of deals.woot.com when  i saw it on sale for like $80 bucks.
Refurbished of course (which I later had to replace with a brand new one!)

I bought the 3g wifi version. One of the newest one at the moment (which of course, 2 minutes after the purchase, the new version had came out. Oh, Technology!) and I just remember thinking "heck yea! portable books!!! endless possibilities."

I don't even know how long ago that was!
I'm a strictly books kinda gal now!

I forgot what book I first purchased but knowing me, it was probably one of those free ones!
I think it was Amanda Hocking (LOVE HER!).

Even though I'm hardly on my nook now a days I am very grateful for that lil piece of technology slice of pie because if it wasn't for my nook and free-book Fridays, I wouldn't have discovered a lot of the authors that I now read.

See before i was all about reading Dean Koontz.
Dean Koontz!
Dean Koontz!
Dean Koontz!!!

I came across Jill Mansell I believe through the $2 and under section.
I'm NOT a believer of "judge a book by its cover" so when I saw one of her books on sale, I grabbed it because I thought the cover was really cute!
(When a cover doesn't convince you, read the insert....you might be missing out!)

I'm glad I did because I've since never looked back!

I LOVE HER!!!!!

Its been a while since I've read one of her books, mostly because a) I wait til they're on sale and b) well I haven't been on my nook in a while but now that I'm here writing about her I think I'm going to check it out when i get home!



These are a few of hers that I've read!
Now, here comes the part where I beat myself up for not sticking to this blogging thing like I had intended too because I wiiiiish I could tell you from the top of my head what the stories were about but like I said... I have horrible memory! :(  (that and well the little that I might remember, I don't want to mix up with one of her other stories because ya know, I might do that!)

I will tell you that of course they are love stories all through out London and like all chick love reads, you KNOW whats going to happen but I'll tell you, I was so in to the books as I was reading them that I felt like on of the girls' friend and I was sad every time I was done with a book.

Here's a little run down of each book that I grabbed from Jill Mansell's website (cheating yes i know! believe me I'm beating myself up over it!)


Rumor Has It.
When newly single Tilly Cole impulsively quits her London job for a fresh start in the small town of Roxborough she finds she's arrived in a hotbed of gossip, intrigue and rampant rivalry for the most desirable men. Tilly has no intention of joining in – she's just happy with her new Girl Friday job.
Then she meets Jack Lucas.
Jack is irresistible… and he's got his eye on Tilly. But there are shocking rumours about his wicked reputation. Tilly doesn’t want to be just another notch on anyone's bedpost. But is she being mature and sensible – or is she running away from the love of her life?

An Offer You Cant Refuse
Lola has no intention of accepting when her boyfriend Dougie's snobbish mother offers her £10,000 to break up with him. Then she discovers a secret that makes her think again. Dougie would probably have broken up with her in the long run, and this way she can help one of the people she loves most in the world.
Ten years later, though, when Lola meets Dougie again, her feelings for him are as strong as ever. But she broke Dougie's heart – and he's about to discover that she was paid to do it. She can never tell him the truth, so can she get him back? Well, Lola's very attractive and very persuasive. But even she's got her work cut out this time…

Thinking of You
Ginny Holland’s daughter Jem has headed off to university, leaving single mum Ginny with a severe case of empty-nest syndrome. To make matters worse, the first gorgeous man she's clapped eyes on in years has just accused Ginny of shoplifting. So Ginny decides to advertise for a lodger but what she gets is lovelorn Laurel, who can only talk about her ex-boyfriend. However Laurel has a dangerously charming brother, Perry, and add to that the offer of a great new job, and things are looking up…until Ginny realises that her potential boss is all too familiar.
Is it too late for Ginny to set right the first impression she made when Finn Penhaligon got quite the wrong end of the stick? And is either Finn or Perry quite what they seem?

Millie's Fling
When Millie Brady saves Orla Hart's life she doesn't realise how drastically it will change her own – not least because the boyfriend who was asking her to move in with him at the time stormed off in a huff. Actually, Millie's relieved. She's happy to enjoy a man-free summer in Cornwall. But Orla has other ideas. She's determined that Millie should meet the man of her dreams. Trouble is, Millie's taste in men doesn't tally with Orla's. The one who really interests her is Hugh Emerson, and he's the man with whom Orla's adamant she mustn't get involved...

Miranda's Big Mistake
Miranda is thrilled when she meets Greg at a cocktail party. He's gorgeous, he's funny - and he's very keen. Just what a girl needs to put some sparkle in her life. Heavens, he's practically perfect! Greg likes Miranda a lot. She's young, she's pretty, and she never talks about babies. Of course he hasn't told her everything about himself - even the sweetest girls can be a bit funny about a man who's just left his newly pregnant wife. But there's no way she's going to find out - or is there?
Luckily for Miranda men are like buses - you don't see any for ages then three come along at once. She just needs to catch the right one...

Nadia Knows Best
When Nadia Kinsella meets Jay Tiernan, she's tempted, of course she is. Stranded together in a remote Cotswold pub while a snowstorm rages outside... let's face it, who would ever know? But Nadia's already met The One. She and Laurie have been together for years – they're practically childhood sweethearts and she still gets butterflies in her stomach at the sight of him. Okay, so maybe she doesn't see that much of him these days, but that's not Laurie's fault. She can't betray him. Besides, when you belong to a family like the Kinsellas – bewitchingly glamorous grandmother Miriam, feckless mother Leonie, stop-at-nothing sister Clare – well, someone has to exercise a bit of self-control, don't they? I mean, you wouldn't want to do something that you might later regret...

Perfect Timing
Poppy Dunbar is out on her hen night when she meets Tom Kennedy. With his dark eyes and quirky smile, he could lure any girl off the straight and narrow, but what really draws Poppy to him is the feeling that she’s known him all her life. She can’t go through with the meeting they arrange – but she can’t go through with the wedding either. Suddenly notorious as ‘The Girl Who Jilted Rob Macbride’, Poppy moves to London. Soon she’s installed in the bohemian household of Caspar French, a ravishingly good-looking young artist with a reputation for breaking hearts. But even in her colourful new home, Poppy can’t get Tom off her mind. Until she’s tracked him down, she’ll never know if their meeting was destiny – or if the future holds something entirely different for her…

Staying at Daisy's 
Daisy MacLean runs the country house hotel owned by her flamboyant father, Hector. When she hears who's about to get married there, she isn't worried at all - her friend Tara absolutely promises there won't be any trouble between her and ex-boyfriend Dominic, whom she hasn't seen for years. But Dominic has other ideas... Meanwhile, Hector's getting up to all sorts with...well, that's the village's best kept secret. And then Barney turns up, with a little something belonging to the husband Daisy's been doing her best to forget. That's the thing about hotels, you never know who you're going to meet. Or whether they're going to stay. 



Grab a book and have a read. 
Leave me a comment and let me know how you liked the book. 
Let's have a discussion. 

Enjoy! - 
Les 


Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read my blog. (: