6/10/2020

arrogant devil // R.S. Grey

40048067. sy475

published
: 2018
pages: 354
read: 5/31 to 6/1/2020* 
book: 42 in 2020
*really, a few hours

Everyone in Cedar Creek, Texas, knows Jack McNight is an arrogant devil. Physically, I get it: he’s tan and fit, with coal-black hair that’s clearly been scorched by hellfire. Oh, and his personality? It burns just as hot.

When I show up on the doorstep of Blue Stone Ranch, I’m run-down and rockin’ my last pair of underwear. I’m hoping for a savior, but instead, I find him.

My opinion of Jack is marred by a dismal first impression, but his opinion of me is tainted even before I arrive. He’s heard I’m a spoiled princess there to take advantage of his goodwill. To him, I’m more trouble than I’m worth.

Our button-pushing banter should get under my skin. His arrogance should be a major turn-off. Problem is, devils are known to offer their own form of temptation.

Every one of his steely glares sends a shiver down my spine.

Every steamy encounter leaves me reeling.

Sure, it could be the Texas heat messing with my head, but there’s no way I’ll survive the summer without silencing him with a kiss and wrestling him out of those Wranglers.

Who knows…going to bed with the devil might just be the salvation I’ve been looking for all along.

THOUGHTS
i thought i could squeeze one last one in for May and I would have been able to had i started Saturday night or even just a few hours early but alas....i read about 79% before it became June. (this is just me being annoying) 

anyway! 
I LOVED THIS STORY!!!!!!!!!
this is what i mean, her older stories have more umph in them. 
this one had me crying and cheesing all in one. i absolutely loved this story. 

tbh, its kinda similar to cold hearted boss. actually its the same story in the sense that its a woman working for a man, trying to get her shit together, living on the land they work on, surrounded by dudes that are all about her. 
its the exact same thing basically. but i loved CHB so of course i was going to love this one. 
the only difference with this one is that in CHB is that Taylor is just down on her luck cause life where in this one Meredith has left her husband to build a better life for her. he was such a POS and it was a bit rocky with Jack at first but it gets better (as it always does with these stories) and it made my heart just so happy to read this story. 

i wont go into too much detail on this one but i will say that i loved it and that i am glad i randomly picked this one up. 

jump over for spoilers
kthxbyyee! 

SPOILERS 

spoiler
spoiler
spoiler
spoiler
spoiler

Meredith has left her husband Andrew in the middle of the night and now she is on her way to Texas to go crash with her sister. 
it just so happens that her sister is currently in Paris since she is having her home renovated.
she manages to get a hold of her sister who manages to get her a job over at Blue Stone Farm or whatever where she happens to be Jacks right hand woman. but not without its complications. 
Helen (the sister) lets Jack know that her sister is spoiled and will be running home to her husband shortly. so of course Jack is already bitter about it. 

she arrives, he acts mad, they talk shit to each other, and you learn that Meredith left her husband because he was verbally abusive to her. had been for the longest but she dealt with it until she couldn't. she never really told anyone so when she finally tries to talk about it 5 years later, people tell her (sister and parents included) that there is no way and that she needs to suck it up and just be with him; there's no way he could be mean to her in any way. 

the reason Jack is such a hard ass is because his parents died in a car accident when he was just 20 years old so he pushes people away because they cant break you again if they were never in in the first place. 

anyway, Jack is always assuming the worst of Meredith and she in no way tries to prove him wrong until one day when he goes off on her and that breaks her but she fights back with words. 

they dont talk and its not until they attend a wedding (separately) that he finally tries to apologize to her. 

then they play the will they, wont they deal and in the end you know they do because this is the kinda story it is. 

the epilogue takes place 3 years later and its told by Jack. 
they are married and expecting a baby and Meredith has opened up her Yoga studio. 
and they are living happily ever after. 

of course there is a lot i left out but that the gist of it. 

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read my blog. (: