12/29/2020

thick as thieves // julie olivia

"𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶." -𝘕𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘦⁣
"𝘔𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦." -𝘓𝘢𝘳𝘢⁣
published: 2020
pages: 243
read: 9/10-26/2020
book: 71 in 2020

SYNOPSIS
Some people have a voice for radio, but I must have a fanny for infidelity. This is why I bought a one-way ticket from London to New York and decided to ignore all men forever. And then I meet Owen.

Owen holds all the red flags I can’t resist: mysterious and handsome, sarcastic with a clever smile… Plus, he works in tech like I do? Here’s my knickers, good sir.

But, a few cybersecurity breaches at my job means I don’t have time for anything, especially not a classic New York City romance. The bad part is I think the break-ins are coming from the same source. The worst part is that Owen is quickly stealing my heart.

The more time I spend with mysterious, handsome Owen, the more I wonder if maybe he’s the man I’ve been looking for all along. And unfortunately for me, I think that statement might be true in more ways than one.

THOUGHTS 
this is one of those where i read the book but didnt do a post right after so you know how that goes. ...i dont remember shit. 
but when i read the quote above i remembered that LOL I LOVE THE SHIT OUT OF LARA! and i would read a freaking book on her alone!!!!!

i think this was when i was in the height of my "i feel meh about reading" so i wasnt super into this one but i do want to re-read it eventually. it took me longer than it ever should have and i should have just waited to read it...but i guess i rushed it because it was an ARC and i had to do my duty. 
this one is all one me because i love JO and will forever read whatever she writes. 

either way, ima cut it short; i liked it but i know i didnt devote the time to it that i should have. (see it over on instagram!) 

...in other news, it looks like i wont be done posting 2020 reads in 2020...so we're carrying it on over into 2021. yall will get a full update of all my 2020 reads sometime in February lol (100 freaking books!!!!!!!) 

thanks for reading! 

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read my blog. (: