2/08/2022

2022: the charmed wife × olga grushin

leslies picture foo
"storytellers are dangerous fools, and my eyes are wide open now."
pub: 2021
pages: 271
heard: january 25-27, 2022
(audio) book: 3 of 2021


THOUGHTS 
I fucking loooooove book titles!!!!
I have no idea how many times I've learned the meaning behind the title of a story and yet my reaction to it is always the same: genius. 

I wanted to read this book back in the days ever since I ran across it at Costco but i left it back then and i just now saw that it was available at my library as an audiobook so I dove in and let me tell you. 

what. 
the.
fuck?

are we supposed to hate this bitch? because I think we are and i think I do?
I can't really give you like one of the main reasons why because it is spoilery BUT I will say that I hate how she was written....but I think that was the point? 
like she was ride or die for bad dick but let go of what was possibly the love of her life just like that!?
the kids! she only cared very rarely for them and even then it was only, well, once again. 
ima be 100% honest and admit that I zoned in and out of this one so I probably missed key parts. but I think for the most part I kinda get it now that its all revealed? 
MAYBE the author wrote her this way for us to feel that way - er at least me anyway. Idk. 
I fucking hated her tbh. Granted we later on learn WHY but ugh. and if I stop to think about it then 🤯 because it just makes no sense to me. It's so hard to talk about because spoilers!!!!

I think my most fave part about this story is the clever use of the title.

meh. for only 271 pages, it felt like a lot of work for me. maybe if i had paid the proper attention. 
maybe.


SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS

Uhm to get to the gist of it, uhm she had mental issues? Idk tbh. She was mentally unstable? she was trying to frame her husband for cheating but it turns out she was the one living that wild life. idk this one was out there. 
All along I thought she was Cinderella and then it turns out shes just a basic bitch going thru a divorce and her husband wants the kids. 
As prince whatever the fuck, he was a cheating piece of shit. So im assuming she was painting her real life in a fairytale way (and when I word it like this, the story kind twists for me and I kinda dig it!)
but I could be 100% wrong because who knows wtf is going on. i dont think the husband was ever doing anything? 

The witch was her therapist and the fairy godmother was her divorce lawyer? Or something like that?

And in the end no I don't think her husband was cheating on her? Bc I distinctly remember her telling the witch that in the end nothing happened she just thinks he never loved her to begin with.

and that's it. 

Oh! And the fucking rats. 🙄
That whole business is annoying. 
All of the replacing them and wtf not. But my favorite thing would be the way that one little bitch mouse put a curse on this Cinderella bitch that ended up backfiring on her whole entire mouse generation lol.

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read my blog. (: