1/26/2022

2020: pretty little wife // darby kane

"no one hid meaningless things."

published: 2020
pages: 400
read: 11/11-22/2020 *what an amazing date sequence! 😍
book: 91 in 2020😵‍💫


THOUGHTS 
This was 🥴😳😖🥱
TOO MUCH SHIT.

I wrote out a smallish post back when I read this but never finished it so of course here we are.....and i deleted it because meh. I don't really remember much of this story other than the main spoiler which, that's a first. 😬

....but I looked back at my ig post and that basically still sums up how I feel about this story. 
I don't think I'll be rereading this ANY time soon but I think I'm holding onto it for a reason because I haven't yet been ready to give it away to a little free library....although that's kinda changing. 

anyway, see my ig post about this book here and jump over for super simple straight to the point spoilers cus that's all I members.





S P O I L E R S
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS 
SPOILERS 
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS


so homegirl did kill her husband. and I'm 99.99% sure that it was his brother that saw her and was trying to catch her slippin BECAUSE APPARENTLY THE MEN IN THIS FAMILY FUCKING HUNT WOMEN FOR SPORT? 
something about dad used to fuck him up and mom never defended him or idk but they basically hunt women. father and both sons. something about a torture cabin. I think the brother was having inappropriate relations there. idk. Thats the whole twist. 

what I didn't really grasp because I was so fucking over this book by the time it was all revealed was if homegirl knew about homie and his past and how the men in his family tortured women. I think she knew?
Supposedly she didn't know about the brother when it came to cops & investigation but I think she knew about these motherfuckers all along and she was on some sort of mission to end him literally or something. Idk.

Idk. I could be 1000% wrong. 

Also, the annoying neighbor ends up being a homie in the end I think. 

Idk. All I know is they for sure had a cabin in the woods and they hunted women and ew. Okay Peter Swanson latest book vibes

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read my blog. (: