6/22/2022

'20: a very punchable face // colin jost

"as someone who was bullied growing up, I realized that it's way easier to play into the bullying rather than fight it. If you're better at making fun of yourself than a bully is, then a bully has no room to operate."

published: 2020
pages: 317
read/heard11/22-25/2020
book: 93 in 2020 (WTF!!!!!)

"You need to say what you're thinking a lot more and not be afraid of being judged or being inarticulate or offensive or even boring."


THOUGHTS
I LOVE audiobooks but hate the idea of owning them. because realistically, I know who I am and I know im not going to listen to them ever again (example: anxious people. liked it, doubt I'll reread/relisten to it.) 
which is odd because when it comes to TV, I am in a season in my life where I like what I like and its SUPER rare that I watch something new. so if I like something, I watch it once and then listen to it several times.....which is why I can kinda quote you Friday After Next pretty fucking good. 

why is it that the idea of owning the audio of a book ×P but the idea of owning a copy of a movie that i can listen to over and over and over is ÷>  ?
I'm not sure. 
maybe I just haven't found THEE audiobook that makes me 😍😍😍.

Well, ladies and germs, I think i just found THE ONE!!!
I want to own this audiobook and listen to it over and over again so much that I can give you counts about this book in regards to the many times he shits his pants to the many girlfriends whose names he actually uses (im using this as an example cus he says he has no game but I mean, look who he's married to!!!!) to just about A N Y T H I N G. 
I want to listen to it so much that I can recite or reference you any chapter with ease, without thinking about it. just like if I was giving you directions to the local *insert your store here*.

I LOVED THIS (AUDIO) BOOK!!!!

I'm hoping to buy an actual copy AND the audio version. 
and just listen along over and over until I can't no more. 
(my brother kindly gifted me a copy and im working my way up to the audio lol) 

....which is weird because I don't really care about SNL. like I used to watch it but it wasn't anything that I'd stay up for or make sure i was seated to see. but the reason I picked it up was because Bree kept talking about how good it was so I put both audio and ebook on hold and on and behold they both kicked in at the same time. 
I decided to jump in expecting nothing, was pleasantly surprised and ended up loving it. Im so glad I read/heard this!

I thought this book was pretty funny. 

I loved the chapters: 
-why I love my mom. spoiler: it involves 911 and I cried.
-oops, I fell asleep in a graveyard: because it involves sleep and....of course. 
-okay, so maybe i've shit my pants a couple of times: besides the fact that it was funny, ill never tell you why. Lol
-the chapter about alcohol and drugs: lmaoooo. especially the story about edibles towards the end. GO PARENTS. Lmaooooo
-the time I fought in WrestleMania: just the adrenaline he was going thru made me happy for him.
-eggs in my leg: I didn't necessarily love it but it was kinda lol and if nothing else, pretty informative.

anyway. I could keep going on forever on why I really liked this read but I didn't really annotate anything and well, I dont wana bore ya, so ill leave ya here. 

no spoilers cus what would I spoil? ....but maybe when I reread it ill do a spoiler of each chapter where I just talk about what they're about and then yea. Lol.

go pick it up!
Scarlett Johansson, you are a lucky woman!


Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read my blog. (: