4/08/2019

make me bad // RS Grey

Make Me Bad by [Grey, R.S.]
published: 2019
pages: 303
read: 3/9-11/19 
rating: not my fave of hers
book: 27 in 2019

I was issued a warning: stay away from Ben Rosenberg.

As Clifton Cove’s resident “king”, he thinks he’s entitled to anyone and anything.

The trouble is, I’ve spent my whole life following the rules and playing it safe. I know what it feels like to be the good girl. I’m the police chief’s daughter and a librarian—for adorable children, no less. 

An all-nighter with a fictional hunk is about as exciting as my life gets until one day, fate decides to take pity on me and shove me straight into the path of Mr. Off-Limits himself.

Just as I suspected, every inch of him promises to be my demise. Up close, he’s tall, menacing—a lawyer who looks like he’ll bite. A well-behaved girl would do as she’s told and avoid him at all costs, but I’m overdue for a little rebellion.

So, I ignore the warning and throw caution to the wind. But Ben doesn’t just nudge me out of my comfort zone—he thrusts me into a dark corner and presses his hard body against mine, covering my mouth with his hand to ensure we don’t get caught sneaking around. In that moment, I finally understand why everyone thinks he’s going to ruin me. 

To him, this is all a game. 
He wants to tempt me with his dares and taunt me with his words. 
I should play along. After all, I asked him to make me bad. I just never thought he’d take his job quite so seriously... 



MY THOUGHTS
SHORT VERSION
i was bound to not have an RS fave eventually, right? 

LONG VERSION
this was the book i meant to read when i accidentally downloaded her other book. lulz. 

ahm, this wasn't a favorite of mine. 
i know I'm team RSG and her books usually always keep me up but i wasn't crazy about this one. maybe because i went from one set of characters to another? because i rushed it? cause i didn't take a break between her books? 
i dunno. 
it just didn't click.
Ben's tough act was too much for me. like i picture him being this teeny tiny guy trying to act like he's 40 feet tall. and Madison!, she just kinda drove me nuts. that whole good girl thing.....gah!

the story itself was okay. 
the city they live in reminds me of this little city out here in Palos Verdes that i drive by sometimes so i kinda placed it there. and the story had some movement but it wasn't for me like all her other books have been. 
but i mean, I've read several of her books, i was meant to have one that i wasn't going to click with right? 

either way, it is a short read and it was a free read thanks to amazon prime (the availability to get free reads...not because they gave me a copy because they did not). 

spoilers after the jump!

#lesreads on IG
SPOILERS

erm, Ben was walking home from jail because he was arrested for causing drama at a bar. 
Madison was walking home from the library late night after celebrating her bday/ having a midlife crisis/getting off work. 
she gets assaulted by some dude and Ben just happens to be walking by. 
he rescues her, she realizes who he is, he walks her home, her dad talks shit. 

blah blah blah. 

they both like each other but are being dumb about it. 
she's tired of being the good girl so she asks him to help her make her bad and then she tells him he's a virgin. 

blah blah blah, i don't really want to do this....

she dates him, her dad and brother get mad, they go to the beach one night and theyrethisclosetobasicallyhavingsex and the cops bust them, call her dad, she gets mad, moves out, has amazing sex with Ben because of course, i forgot what happened here, there is a party for Andy, Ben's best friend, they go to the bar that started all the trouble to go find the guy that assaulted Maddie but of course, the brother is already there arresting the guy.
Maddie plays the good girl and talks about how she doesn't want to trouble the guy cause maybe he was having a bad night (WTF!) because she's so naive and then the brother or Ben tells her that this dude is wanted for way more serious crimes. she has an omg moment because of course.

i don't remember what happens after that. 

they get married and are pregnant and on vacation somewhere in Italy. 

------

im telling ya, not my fave. 

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read my blog. (: